Hello weirdo!

The only place where I can throw everything out without having to worry how in the world I am going to put it in 140 characters perfectly.





Random

"No rest for the wicked."




Misi Gunung

List of mountains (DONE)
Trans Full C-Curve
#40mountainsin2018
#30mountainsin2017
#20mountainsin2016
#10mountainsinJapan
#10mountainsin2014









Links

Lomohomes | Tumblr

Akmal | Ajiq

Julian.B | Kimmo.S








Saturday, November 24, 2018, 5:52 PM
Trans Java Misadventure: Week 2.2


Week 2.2: Of Elly Kasim and Coffee Hunting


My activities in Jakarta just consisted of sightseeing, coffee hunting and watching my new friend (Oki Satrial) rehearsing at Elly Kasim's (remember 'Ayam Den Lapeh'? Yep, it's hers.) concert. He's Fajar's high school mate who happens to be a traditional Minang singer. He was in Jakarta for the concert, all the way from Bukit Tinggi. So, he gave us backstage pass for both rehearsal and the concert. Thank you Oki! As a traditional music enthusiast, for me this a rizq. Alhamdulillah. The concert was held at Taman Ismail Marzuki (TIM), the Jakarta's arts and cultural center (more or less like Istana Budaya in Malaysia).








During the day, while Fajar was working hard and Oki was busy training for the concert, I took some time for myself and went for coffee hunting. I only managed to go to two coffee shops that were quite famous in Jakarta; Toko Tuku Kopi and Filosofi Kopi.


Toko Tuku Kopi (recommended by Selep)
This one was quite famous for its cheap coffee. I decided to go to their small shop at Pasar Santa, which happened to be the nearest. The moment I arrived, I saw so many Ojek drivers buying coffee for their customers (proved how popular their coffee is). Being a noob about coffee I am, I took the safest move and ordered Es Kopi Susu Tetangga for starting. It tasted a bit different than any other kopi susu as they put gula kabong (that's the secret!). Not bad though. I enjoyed my time drinking coffee while talking to the Ojek drivers who were waiting for their orders.






Filosofi Kopi (recommended by Google)
Then, I went to the well-known coffee shop in Java, the Filosofi Kopi. This coffee shop was created for a movie (the same name as the coffee shop). Soon after the movie was released, it became famous, like super famous, especially among hipsters and all the instagrammers. I went straight to the counter and get myself ice green tea latte (had enough of caffein) and a delicious ice-cream waffle, because I was starving.








Not to mention, I checked-in to a new place, Malaysian Embassy hostel after spending few nights at Capsule Hotel. The price is cheaper (especially if you are a student. Just show your matric card and you are good to go!). Thanks Selep for the recommendation!

And it has pretty, nice and peaceful neighborhood too.






Pendaki Indonesia (PI) Tangerang


It was an impromptu plan. I was given Eka's (member of Pendaki Indonesia wilayah Tangerang) number by Amir (hiking friend). With all my guts, I contacted him right away. Introducing myself as Amir's friend and asking for the nearest hiking trip, if there's any (thought of joining them). He replied happily and invited me to their kopdar (Indo short form for 'Kopi Darat', which means a meet up held at a place that's agreed by all team members, like a gathering gitu). Again, Izza with her without-second-thought-decision just accepted the invitation and went to Tangerang right away. I took the earliest bus and reached Tangerang at night. Eka picked me up at the bus station with his motorcycles. Both of us went to Sonny's house for dinner and to the meeting point afterwards. Everything happened so fast I didn't have time to process it. What I know is, at the end of the day, I had new input on Indonesia hiking scene, met and made new friends. Thanks Eka and the rest of Pendaki Indonesia Tangering, sampai ketemu di lain rencana.





Kota Tua Jakarta


I spent the last day in Jakarta ngopi with Fajar and visiting Kota Tua Jakarta (also known as Oud Batavia, Dutch words for 'Old Batavia'). It was the former Jakarta city. As usual, it was crowded with human, cars and motorcycles. This is where many museums located at, such as Jakarta History Museum, Fine Art and Ceramic museum, Bank Mandiri museum as well as Wayang Museum, to name a few. I couldn't get myself to Wayang Museum as it was already close by the time I arrived, I wasn't aware of the operation hour. Nevermine then, I believe there is always next time :)

A happy fan girl!
















Got myself a train ticket to Cirebon, where my adik staying at. Another impromptu plan coming ahead!




I'm coming, Cirebon!



To be continued....



Labels: