Hello weirdo!

The only place where I can throw everything out without having to worry how in the world I am going to put it in 140 characters perfectly.





Random

"No rest for the wicked."




Misi Gunung

List of mountains (DONE)
Trans Full C-Curve
#40mountainsin2018
#30mountainsin2017
#20mountainsin2016
#10mountainsinJapan
#10mountainsin2014









Links

Lomohomes | Tumblr

Akmal | Ajiq

Julian.B | Kimmo.S








Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 5:50 PM
Trans Java Misadventure


An Introduction Won't Hurt

         


          A wise man said, “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of your passport.” And I could not agree more.

          I’ve been eyeing Indonesia (focusing on Java) as my next target for #10mountains mission right after I got back from Japan. It took me a year to prepare, from reading the trails of selected 10 mountains in Java, to finding guesthouses and outdoor shops nearby. I was pretty excited to begin the journey as this would be the longest backpacking journey I’ve ever done - a month. And because it was another 10 mountains mission after two years.

          At first, I wanted to make it two months as I wasn’t confident enough to hike all 10 mountains within 30 days. I’ve prepared all the documents needed for visa application. But sadly, my documents weren’t good enough to convince them, so I had to proceed with Plan B, to hike in a month.

With everything’s packed and checked, then off I go.

         But sometimes, hard work does not guarantee you a success. And who would have thought that the failure of my mission somehow turned into a great adventure that I could ever dream of.


To be continued….


Labels: , , , , , , ,